Tools and Resources
Within Research and Collections there is a variety of equipment that we make available for Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County staff and research associates and students.
This equipment is also available to qualified external researchers when possible.
- Hitachi scanning electron microscope (with part-time technical support staff)
- Keyence high resolution digital microscope
- Horiba XGT-7200 X-ray Fluorescence Microscope
- Horiba ExploRa+ dispersive Raman microscope
- Rigaku R-Axis II for X-ray diffraction
- Optix Escan2.0 laser surface scanner
- Lulzbot Taz6 3D printer
- Node license for VG StudioMax
For access to any of the above instruments, please contact Tyler Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org.