- 900 Exposition Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Hours: 9:30 am - 5 pm daily
Thank you for celebrating two days of all things dinosaur!
The first annual Dino Fest took over Los Angeles this Fall only at the Natural History Museum.
Programming included access to world-renowned paleontologists and dinosaur experts, behind-the-scenes look at fossil discoveries, in-the-field research, specimens from our collections, dinosaur pop culture, and so much more. Throughout the Museum guests did hands on with activities, met paleontology experts, shopped for dino-inspired gear, and took an in-depth look at the magnificent world of dinosaurs.
Festival Highlights Included:
In the Field
- Pop-up demos: Dust jacket making and paleo illustrating
- Hands-on activities: Dig pits, nature journaling, paleo sketching
- Talks: Excavation stories from real paleontologists
In the Lab
- Hands-on activities: Try your hand at using ComCo microblasting tools to clean fossils.
- Behind the scenes tour: Dino Lab.
In the Collections
- Behind the scenes tour: Dinosaur Institute Collection Room
- Displays: Dinosaur Institute, Invertebrate Paleontology and Vertebrate collections
In Pop Culture
- Talks: “The Making of Jurassic Park,” with paleontologist and film consultant, Jack Horner
- Displays: Iconic movie props, including velociraptor from Jurassic Park
- Meet and Greet: Buddy the Dinosaur, from PBS’ Dinosaur Train
To see the complete list of partnership organizations and activities please click below:
The 1st Annual Dino Fest is sponsored by Hasbro:
Make your own Extreme Mammal Meme. Share it with friends, and enter to win great prizes!
Mar 19 – Sept 4, 2017
Step into our butterfly wonderland to witness over 30 species flying all around you.