- 900 Exposition Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Hours: 9:30 am - 5 pm daily
September 23 and 24, 2017
9:30 am – 5 pm
Dinosaurs once dominated the Earth, and this weekend they are taking over Los Angeles for the 2nd annual Dino Fest at NHMLA!
Join us for a two-day festival celebrating dinosaurs, their prehistoric past, and the science that brings their world back to life. Meet world-renowned paleontologists from the Museum's Dinosaur Institute and beyond as they discuss historic and ongoing fossil discoveries from around the world. Visit exhibitors, catch a glimpse of rare specimens from the Museum’s collections, dig into hands-on activities, explore our world renowned Dino Hall with the world’s only Tyrannosaurus rex growth series, and so much more!
This year we’ll highlight the soon-to-be official dinosaur of California, Augustynolophus morrisi. Purchase your tickets online and receive a limited edition dinosaur pin when you arrive. While supplies last.
MEMBERSHIP: See it for free, become a Member today!
CURRENT MEMBERS: No need to make reservations, Member tickets are available the day of your visit at the Museum.
GROUP VISITS: Bring your group to experience Dino Fest. Discounted group rates are available for groups of 10 or more people.
For full program schedule check out the Dino Fest brochure HERE. Programmatic highlights will include:
Dinosaurs in Media with Special Effects Artist Shannon Shea at 12:30 pm
Join special effects creature artist, Shannon Shea, to discuss the changing aesthetic of dinosaurs in the movies and the techniques that brought them from fossils to iconic symbols.
Paleo Chats at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm
Drop in and chat with a real paleontologist. Ask them about their research, excavation stories, or favorite food in the field!
The Amoeba People at 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm
Musical performances by a band that will make you boogie to science rock from the Planet Crouton!
California in the Age of Dinosaurs at 3:30 pm
Come hear about California’s new state dinosaur, Augustynolophus, and learn about what California was like during the age of Dinosaurs!
Presenters include Dick Hilton, Dr. Lars Schmitz, and Dr. Kathleen Ritterbush, moderated by Dr. Luis Chiappe
- Jurrassic Park Motor Pool: A club for owners and enthusiasts of replica Jurassic Park vehicles. Built by fans, for fans!
- “Excavate” dino fossils from our Dig Pits.
- Come say hello and take your picture with Buddy from the PBS hit series Dinosaur Train!
- Learn about scientific illustration with the Dinosaur Institute's illustrator and draw your own dinos!
- Enjoy classic films celebrating dinosaurs, their prehistoric past and the magic of movies that brings their world back to life!
- See how paleontologists in the Dinosaur Institute actually “jacket up” dinosaur fossils and bring them back from the field.
- Catch a glimpse of rare specimens from the Museum's collections and much more!
Dino Fest and other programming (excluding Spider Pavilion) are included with regular Museum admission. For additional information, call 213.763.3499 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Story of P-22
Now on view
Discover the story of P-22, L.A.'s famous mountain lion that roams the hills of Griffith Park.