- 900 Exposition Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Hours: 9:30 am - 5 pm daily
Have your very own night at the museum! Our family-friendly sleepovers offer a whole new way for NHM to come to life. Become a nighttime paleontologist and have your own dinosaur encounter, go on an epic bug hunt, or travel back in time and go on an Antarctic expedition to dig up dinosaurs on the lost continent.
Sleepovers include access to museum exhibits after hours, 3D movies, themed crafts, activities, a scavenger hunt, special performances. It also includes an evening snack and continental breakfast the next day. Ask our knowledgeable Gallery Interpreters and Volunteers one-on-one questions about our exhibits and see special touch-specimens to match each theme. Each sleepover event gives you complimentary Museum Admission passes to further explore the museum the next day.
For children ages 5-12. Children must be accompanied by an adult with no more than 2 adults per 1 child and at least 1 adult per 4 children. See booking policies below for more information.
June 21: Bugs and Butterflies
Highlights: Exclusive access to the Butterfly Pavilion before the museum opens, explore exhibits after-hours, special bug-themed performance, enjoy touch specimens, and more.
July 19: Antarctic Dinosaurs
Highlights: Explore Antarctic Dinosaurs after-hours, meet an NHM scientist who traveled to Antarctica, see a Dinosaur Encounters show, enjoy dinosaur touch specimens, and more.
ON SALE FRIDAY, APRIL 26 AT NOON!
Non-members: $85 per person
Members: $75 per person
Group Rates: $75 per person, 10 person minimum
For Group Reservations call (213) 763-3218.
Parking is an additional $12 per car.
- 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm: Check-in; setup sleeping area
- 7:30 pm to 8 pm: Orientation, snack, special performance
- 8 pm to 10 pm: Activities
- 10 pm to 10:30 pm: Get ready for bed
- 10:30 pm: Lights out!
- 7 am: Lights on!
- 7:30 am: Breakfast
- 8 am: Exhibit viewing and special access to the NHM gift store
- 9:30 am: Museum opens for the day
- No entry permitted after 8 pm
- Sleeping areas will be setup on a first-come, first-served basis; guests will check in and then make their way to the Mammal Halls to setup their sleeping areas
- We recommend eating dinner before arriving on Friday evening
- For the June 21 sleepover, guests will have access to the Butterfly Pavilion at 8 am, 8:30am, and 9 am; timed-tickets will be distributed on Saturday morning
Whether you have a specific question or just want to be prepared for your night, please read our detailed guides: