The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is dedicated to maintaining and respecting the privacy of our donors and members. We handle your information with care and confidentiality.
The Museum collects the following personal information when a transaction is made: donor name, acknowledgement name, amount donated, address, telephone number, and email address. Donor information is used for the following internal purposes:
The Museum does not sell or lease donor information, however, the Museum may occasionally exchange mailing addresses with other carefully selected nonprofits. Donors have the option to select “Do not exchange my personal information” when making a gift or at any time by contacting us.
Donors are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from emails at the bottom of each message.
The Donor Bill of Rights:
1. To be informed of the Museum’s mission, of the way the Museum intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Museum’s Board of Trustees and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the Museum’s most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used by the Museum for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of all contributions to the Museum.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
8. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
We are grateful to our Institutional Partners