Live Museum Presentation: Virtual Animal Meet & Greet *NEW DATE*
Creature Comforts: Exploring Animal Enrichment Part 2
NEW DATE: Thursday, March 7th, 2024 at 11 am
Your class will get up close and personal with a live animal, hear from our animal care staff and submit questions during this live, virtual presentation. Recommended for Grades Pre-K–5, open to all grades. This virtual presentation is in an interactive Zoom Webinar format where your students will be able to see and hear the presenters but educators will NOT be able to see or hear students. Multiple classes will be present.
PREPARING YOUR STUDENTS
- After registration, a Zoom link, ID, and password will be shared to the lead teacher via email. Please share program information with students joining from individual devices so they can access the program.
- To guide student learning during the presentation, invite your students to record their experience by creating their own journal page. Please help ensure they are prepared with paper and something to write with, or share a copy of our digital field journal (also available in Spanish).
- We ask that all users adhere to Zoom's Community Standards while participating in the program. Folks not following the Code of Conduct may be removed from the program.
- Students will be able to access the program via Zoom using the link provided via email.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in the Q&A by typing questions into the chat box. Students' typed questions will only be seen by museum staff facilitating this virtual program.
- Teachers are welcome to enter their student's questions for the presenter into the Zoom chat so that we may answer them during the presentation. For example you might write, "Mrs. Doe's class would like to know...?" or "Jane from NHMLA Elementary is asking...?"
- Want to have your students in your own virtual classroom while watching the program? You can screen share our live YouTube stream of this program instead or, if you use Google Meet, you can join the Zoom Webinar in a separate window and share your screen. Please note: Students will not be able to participate in the Q&A if they are not joining independently via Zoom.
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!