Los Angeles Underwater: Out of the Ground and Into the Classroom!
Explore NHM’s newest temporary exhibit: Los Angeles Underwater: The Prehistoric Sea Beneath Us in this upcoming workshop. Hear from Dr. Austin Hendy, Assistant Curator of Invert Marine Paleontology, about his role in the development of the exhibit and how our city’s prehistoric past connects to our present. Explore some of the great “discovery” stories on display, then learn how to share this content with students through a hands-on activity led by our Mobile Museum: Ocean Experience team!
important workshop information
- Our workshops fill up incredibly fast! Please only sign up if you are sure you can make it - and if plans change, cancel your RSVP to give a space to someone on the waitlist.
- Light breakfast will be available starting at 8:45AM.
- Educators will receive free parking at the Blue Visitor Parking Structure by the California Science Center.
- While we love welcoming your families to our museums, this specific program is intended for formal & informal educators who are adults (18+)
- In-person workshops are subject to cancellation due to low registration, inclement weather, or changes in COVID safety measures.
- We aim to make NHM an exciting, educational, and enjoyable experience for everyone. If you have any questions about this event and the accommodation services we offer, contact our Call Center at 213.763.3466 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that any requests for special accommodations be made at least 48 hours in advance.