Inspire wonder, discovery, and responsibility for our natural and cultural worlds with a field trip to the Natural History Museum!
We're excited to begin welcoming school groups back to the Natural History Museum!
From June 14–August 16, 2021, accredited California schools who meet any of the below criteria qualify for a free summer field trip (with a maximum group size of 40):
- Provide free summer programming to all students OR
- Receive grant or government funding to help subsidize some/all costs associated with student participation OR
- Be operated by city/county departments OR
- Be a year-round school (such as a preschool)
If you meet one of the above criteria and are an accredited California school, please reach out to our Call Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit! Please include:
- Your name and contact information
- Your school or organization name
- Your first choice visit date
- Number of students and grade level(s)
- Number of school staff and chaperones anticipated
Free add-on reservations, such as Butterfly Pavilion, are extremely limited. Call Center staff will inform you if your group size is eligible. If you would like to guarantee Butterfly Pavilion access, please purchase museum entry and add-on tickets through our website as a group sale.