July 10 - Cocktail Recipe
Botanical Cocktail Recipe
Ginger-Pineapple Sage Refresher
Inspired by the NHMLA Nature Gardens, Post & Beam mixologists have created a beverage that will appeal to any palate. This simple yet elegant recipe will be sure to keep you cool throughout the summer. With you in mind, this drink can transition from an innocent, refreshing mocktail to an enlivening libation. Share your botanical cocktail creation #SummerNights
**mint and pineapple juice may be substituted for pineapple sage**
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Limes (cut in ¼)
- Pineapple Sage Leaves or Fresh Mint (25 Leaves)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Pineapple Juice (if pineapple sage is unavailable)
- ¼ Pound (¾ Cup) Fresh Ginger, Peeled and Sliced
- 2 ounces your liquor preference (we suggest rum or whiskey)
- Club Soda (preferable) or Tonic Water
- Make Ginger-Pineapple Sage Simple Syrup: Combine water, sugar, ginger, and pineapple sage (about 15 leaves). If pineapple sage is unavailable, use pineapple juice as a substitute. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Allow syrup to cool. Strain syrup and discard contents.
- In a pint glass, muddle ¼ lime and 5 pineapple sage leaves to expel herbs essence.
- Add ice in pint glass.
- Squeeze ½ lime over ice.
- Pour 2 ounces of Ginger-Pineapple Sage Simple Syrup.
- Pour 2 ounces of desired liquor (preferably rum or any clear liquors)
- Shake or Stir.
- Splash with club soda or tonic.
*For mocktail, omit alcohol and top glass with soda or tonic water.