July 24 - Cocktail Recipe
Botanical Cocktail Recipe
Hibiscus-Sage Ice Age Cooler
Post and Beam’s cocktail creation for this evening is a homage to the Pleistocene Garden at the La Brea Tar Pits, the plants and herbs that inhabited Los Angeles during the Ice Age. We are excited to have created this unforgettably refreshing and cool libation. Share your botanical cocktail creation #SummerNights
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- White Sage Leaves or Fresh Sage (15 Leaves)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 3 Hibiscus Tea Bags
- 2 ounces Tequila (preferably Revel Blanco Tequila)
- Club Soda (preferable) or Tonic Water
- Make Hibiscus-Sage Simple Syrup: Steep 3 bags of hibiscus tea, 1 cup of boiling water and 10 sage leaves for about 10 minutes. Discard tea bags and sage, then add 1 cup of sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add ice in pint glass.
- Pour 2 ounces of Hibiscus-Sage Simple Syrup.
- Pour 2 ounces of Revel Blanco Tequila or any liquor of your choosing.
- Shake or Stir.
- Splash with club soda or tonic.
- Expel sage over drink and garnish.
*For mocktail, omit alcohol and top glass with soda or tonic water.