6–10 pm (Saturday, Oct 28 8–11 pm)
$18 per person; $13 Members; Children 12 & under FREE
Saturday, Oct 28 Pricing: $25 per person; $20 Members
Get ready for a bone-chilling adventure like no other! This Halloween season, don’t miss Boney Island’s immersive, interactive and illuminated experience at the Natural History Museum’s beautiful Nature Gardens, transformed into a wonderland of fun and frights!
Explore ghoulishly glowing exhibits, fascinating creatures of the night and prehistoric past, with thrilling surprises at every turn!
Nature Gardens Transformed
- Festively fiendish animals celebrating Halloween in the Deadwood Forest
- Talking and singing plants in the Hauntington Gardens
- Prehistoric creatures in the Prime Evil Pass
- Haunted Hallowe’en Light Trail
- Skeleton orchestra
- Haunted-mansion cauldron water show
- *Magic Theater performances, surprise demonstrations from NHM’s Live Animals team, Museum Collection showcases, and more!
- Food options by Neighborhood Grill by Post & Beam and local food trucks and vendors–Tonight's line up includes The Green Truck, My Daddy's Recipes, All Chill, Inc and The Very Best Cookie in the Whole Wide World.
- Family-friendly photo ops
- Boney Island and NHM-branded merchandise and light up toys
* Schedule of performances, demonstrations, and showcases, as well as food vendors, vary by night and are subject to change.
1 of 1
Parking for Boney Island is available in the Blue Lot in Exposition Park. Please check Parking and Directions prior to your visit for more information. Public transportation is encouraged.
We encourage costume-wearing! Please follow these basic guidelines for a safe, inclusive, and family-friendly experience for everyone:
- No functional props or weapons allowed
- No masks that cover the entire head and face
- Costumes of realistic depictions of American law enforcement, current American military uniforms, first responders, emergency medical personnel, or any official government agent are prohibited
- Costumes must not obstruct or impede the flow of traffic or entryways
Boney Island at NHM is an All Ages/Family Friendly event and all costumes must be respectful of all guests.
ABOUt boney Island
Boney Island was created by The Simpsons producer, Rick Polizzi, for his family more than 20 years ago. A play on Brooklyn’s iconic Coney Island, it grew from a front yard display to a huge affair in Griffith Park with a cult-like following of Halloween lovers of all ages. The attraction closed in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, after a three-year hiatus, NHM is excited to partner with Boney Island to bring back the crowd-pleasing event.