THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO JOINED US FOR THIS EVENT! WE HOPE YOU'LL JOIN US AGAIN NEXT YEAR, SO KEEP A LOOKOUT FOR THE DATES OF DINO FEST 2024!
For over a century, people from our local community and around the world have studied and been inspired by the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.
Dinosaurs are just some of the fossils that make up the museums’ paleontology collections of over 12 million specimens, the largest on the West Coast!
Join us on September 24, 2023 for a festival celebrating dinosaurs, their prehistoric past, and the science that brings their world back to life. Meet world-renowned paleontologists from the Museum's Dinosaur Institute and beyond as they discuss the dawn of the dinosaurs. What made Triassic dinosaurs so unique and what was the world around them like? We’re RAWR-ing to give you the inside scoop during this event that is millions of years in the making!
- See rare specimens from our Museum’s collections, including Coelophysis, the featured dinosaur of this year’s Dino Fest!
- Participate in hands-on activities.
- Explore our world-renowned Dinosaur Hall, including our T. rex growth series.
- Visit L.A. Underwater and discover how ancient Los Angeles was once beneath the waves of the Pacific Ocean.
- Shop for dinosaur-inspired merchandise.
- And so much more!
FREE with paid Museum Admission or for Members.
Ensure that beloved programs like Dino Fest can continue to introduce future scientists to the wonderful world of dinosaurs. Give Today.