Thank you for joining us for Dino Fest 2022. See you next year!
If you missed the program this year, please enjoy the three Digging Deeper Dino Discussions from Dino Fest 2022 that are linked below.
L.A. Underwater - A Deep Dive
Diving Behavior Among Giant Predatory Dinosaurs
Chemical Clues Reveal the Evolution of Warm-bloodedness in Dinosaurs
For over a century people from our local community and around the world have studied and been inspired by the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.
Dinosaurs are just some of the fossils that make up the museums’ paleontology collections of over 12 million specimens, the largest on the west coast.
Join us on September 18, 2022 for a festival celebrating dinosaurs, their prehistoric past, and the science that brings their world back to life. Meet world-renowned paleontologists from the Museum's Dinosaur Institute and beyond as they discuss locomotion, or the way that prehistoric animals moved, and how fossils give us clues for ancient animal movement on the land, sea, or air. You don’t want to miss this event that is over 66 million years in the making!
- See rare specimens from our Museum’s collections, including Augustynolophus, the official State Dinosaur of California.
- Participate in hands-on activities.
- Explore our world-renowned Dinosaur Hall and our T. rex growth series.
- Visit L.A. Underwater and discover how ancient Los Angeles was once beneath the waves of the Pacific Ocean.
- Shop for dinosaur inspired merchandise.
- And so much more!
FREE with paid Museum Admission or for Members.
Ensure that beloved programs like Dino Fest can continue to introduce future scientists to the wonderful world of dinosaurs. Give Today.