Outdoor Exploration Guide
Use this guide to study your front yard, backyard, out your window, or in your neighborhood!
Remember to use all of your senses as you walk around. Fill one out each day to track changes over time.
- What is the weather like today?
- Find a plant. Make sure it does not have any spiky parts. Gently rub a leaf. How does it feel? What does it smell like?
- Watch a small group of plants for one minute. What animals did you see?
- Choose a plant anywhere outside. Describe the plant.
- Draw the plant.
- Look closer at the plant. Are there any flowers, seeds or fruit? Are there leaves? If so, what color are they? What might that tell us if the leaves are green, or brown, or yellow? Add more details to your drawing above.