BEFORE YOUR FIELD TRIP
- Print the confirmation e-mail you receive and look over your reservations to make sure they are correct.
- The Natural History Museum provides free admission for all students and teachers and up to 1 additional chaperone for every 5 students. Chaperones beyond the 1:5 ratio are still welcome! They will need to purchase a $12 chaperone ticket upon arrival. Some exemptions apply; call our Call Center at 213.763.3529 for details. At this time we are unable to accept checks, so please plan accordingly.
- Print an NHM School Field Trip Guide Map (also available in Spanish). Fill out reservation times and important information, and give a copy to every adult on your trip. Ask chaperones to look it over before entering the Museum so they know what to expect.
- Have your order number and day-of count of students, teachers and chaperones ready for check-in.
- Leave lunches on the bus, in vehicles, or securely zipped in backpacks. With over 35 million items in our collection, we are unable to store lunches at the Museum.
- Buses drop off on Expo Park Drive and park in Lot 6. The price for bus parking is $12, cash only; additional charges for charter buses may apply.
- Optional: Pre-order school group lunches. Contact the NHM Grill at 213.763.3250 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Not sure what to see or how to engage your students in the exhibit halls? Check out our Lesson Plans and Activities page for lesson plans written by teachers for NHM!